I’ve recently decided to freeze myself to -273℃. My friends think I’ll die, but I’ll be 0K.
Saying Hello to the Dragon.
That is a fucking forest spirit and nobody will make me believe otherwise.
Full image here
Lupita Nyong’o wins an Oscar for portraying a real life slave, and the first thing she did was thank Patsy for her inspiration.
Jared Leto wins an Oscar for portraying a trans woman, and doesn’t mention trans women at all.
I think the point makes itself.
He actually did thank the trans community but Tumblr is so desperate to hate him they are spreading false rumours about him being a rapist.
I think that speaks for itself.
protip: making a broad generalization and not mentioning the trans community by name is NOT THANKING THE TRANS COMMUNITY it’s playing it safe and being ~socially acceptable~
(also just gonna say here: trans women should be played by trans women, and if they CAN’T FIND A TRANS WOMAN [wtfever hollywood, fuck you] SHE SHOULD BE PLAYED BY A CIS WOMAN
trans women being portrayed by men furthers the stereotype that trans women look like men and ‘still are’ men deep down
Honestly, it’s going to take time for the world (or even just the USA) to wrap their heads around the diversity of genders and sexualities. I didn’t even know half of the terminology (like cisgender or genderqueer) before joining Tumblr, and it’s still a small portion of this country’s population that would even know that such terms exist. The mainstream world is only just now trying to understand these things. I was listening to a recent episode of NPR’s Pop Culture Happy Hour (right here) where they were discussing Ru Paul’s Drag Race and went into a conversation of proper pronouns. This is a conversation that would never have happened more than two years ago. To mainstream media, this is all very new and very confusing. It’s like back when segregation first ended and they were trying to figure out proper ways to portray blacks in film, and they are still struggling with that despite having gotten a lot better at it as a whole.
I’m not saying that this is an excuse for media to overlook an entire minority, but you all are wanting equality right this second and that can’t happen. That’s not how change works. Change doesn’t happen over the course of a Hollywood awards show. Change happens in little steps. The fact that the movies that won managed to win is a tiny step in the right direction. No, it didn’t make everyone happy, but it’s a start. People on this website like to think that they can just have instant gratification on issues of equality among races and genders, but it can’t instantly happen. We should be celebrating those tiny steps forward when they are made, not denigrating those steps because they weren’t up to our expectations. So what if those steps forward were a bit wobbly? They’ll improve with time. Nothing in real life works to anyone’s expectations; that’s how life works. Can’t you celebrate a victorious battle in the war for equality without acting like spoiled brats?
I’m glad people can’t read my mind cause all they’d be hearing is me saying lmao to myself
How do I get started with adding color to my drawings? I've looked at a variety of sources, but they seem to focus more on the concept of color than the beginning steps of someone just learning how to apply and mix colors. Are there any resources for a beginner on how to add color? Do I just experiment and judge by trial and error until I get it?
If you’re asking ME, my answer is always “trials and errors”, which doesn’t really help. But honestly that’s how I tend to do things, I keep plugging at it until it doesn’t look terrible anymore. And the truth is that I’m still pretty terrible with colors.
Since I can’t really help with this, I will just link you to this playlist that has videos on how to choose colors that work. I think if you watch all seven videos in it you will end up knowing more about colors than I do.
Jekyll & Hyde gin packaging by Eduardo del Fraile.
My nerd obsession and alcohol into one.
hello everyone, I’m back with another giveaway!!! this time kpop2 offered to let me host a monthly giveaway and each month there will be 2 winners! this giveaway will end March 20th 2014 (9pm PST)
- a pair of circle lenses from the $10 category from kpop2
- free contact lens case
- free international shipping
Rules & Info:
- must be following me because it’s a giveaway for my followers!
- i will be keeping track of the notes so more reblogs = more entries (but please do not spam your followers ^^)
- likes do not count but feel free to do so to bookmark~
- unused/giveaway blogs are not able to participate or win
- please do not delete this text
- make sure your ask box is open so i can message you if you win!
- i will pick two winners with random.org
- if the winners do not message me back within 24 hours I will pick new ones
- if you are under 18, please ask your parents for permission to participate
- if you have any questions, feel free to message me!
♔ GOOD LUCK, MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR ♔
STELLAR COLLISION ANNIVERSARY GIVEAWAY!
It’s been a year since the first giveaway announcing the arrival of Stellar Collision, the first collaboration artbook between Ayohexo, Meltedicecubes, and MidnightTofu. Lots of things have happened in this year (including MidnightTofu’s sad departure, hopefully temporarily, from the fandom) but we are so thankful for all the love and support for this book from this past year!
To celebrate, we are doing a giveaway for:
- 1 copy of Stellar Collision
- 3 8.5”x11” prints of YOUR CHOICE from AYOHEXO
- 3 Metal keychains of your choice + 2 EXO Stickersheets from MELTEDICECUBES
- 3 8.5”x11” Kaisoo prints from MIDNIGHTTOFU (She sent the files to me just for this giveaway!)
How to enter the giveaway:
- Like and Reblog this post (maximum once a day) from Feb 23rd to March 9th.
- We will pick the winner by a random number generator on March 9th 11:59 PM PST.
- Please have your ASKBOX open (which means if we go to “http://YourURL.tumblr.com/ask” there is a box where we can ask questions) so we can inform you if you’ve won! At that time, you’ll be able to pick what prints and keychains you’d like. :D
Also, now that Stellar Collision has been printed for 1 full year, we are dropping the price from $30 to $25! So be sure to grab a copy with Ayohexo, Meltedicecubes, and MidnightTofu’s art at this new low price!
Again, thank YOU for your support this past year! This book and all our other goods are only made possible by all the lovely support~